5 October, 2018
Relevant Experience & Qualification:
- Masters in Business or Development Studies
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Educated to degree level in international development-related discipline
- IT skills including fluency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proven experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, logframes, Theories of Change etc) for different donor audiences
- Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies –knowledge of donor proposal formats, logframes and budgeting
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships
- Familiarity with M&E tools; theories of change, monitoring frameworks and basic evaluation techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills: ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Strong analytical and financial and skills
Funding strategy & positioning is aligned to programme priorities:
- Contribute to coordinated fundraising strategy, centered around SPO’s Core Programme Areas
- Work collaboratively with wider funding team to help identify and plan strategies to position SPO with potential partners and donors
- Rapidly pull together bid materials (proposal, presentation, concept outline) that bring a project or program idea into a concrete, fundable proposition (including bringing out the VfM arguments, responding to donor/partner key interests, & being technically compliant, to ensure sound concept in line with good development practice and feasible delivery.
- Provide bid development for regional and global calls and where SPO is a member of consortia (as lead or sub).
- Ensure legally binding teaming agreements are in place with consortia partners, and facilitate internal proposal risk assessment sign offs by senior leadership
- Adhere to SPO policies and promote participatory culture and demonstrate SPO’s values
- Any other duties as required
Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified. Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.