5 October, 2018
Experience: Minimum 15 years and preferably 18 years
Job Location: Karachi
Job Type: Full Time Contractual (Till August 5, 2019)
Salary: Market Compatible
Deloitte Yousuf Adil referred herein as Deloitte Pakistan is contractor for USAID on Sindh Capacity Development Project (SCDP), a USAID four-year project that will support the sustainability of the Sindh Basic Education Program (SBEP). This will be done by ensuring stronger governance and improved public accountability in the education sector through systems building and institutional strengthening of Program Management and Implementation Unit (PMIU) and School Education and Literacy Department (E&LD) of the Government of Sindh (GoS).
SCDP aims to:
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the (PMIU) to manage and implement SBEP in an effective and transparent manner;
- Strengthen the effectiveness and impact of SBEP through the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan and further disseminate knowledge to guide the education sector’s M&E programs and practices in Sindh;
- Facilitate the systematic generation of knowledge on education challenges and innovative interventions and strategies to inform decision-makers for the improvement of education policies and programs in general and SBEP in particular;
- Strengthen capacities, systems and policies of the Education and Literacy Department (E&LD) to improve the education services in conjunction with the education reforms in Sindh
About Deloitte Yousuf Adil, Chartered Accountants:
Deloitte Yousuf Adil, Chartered Accountants is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL), one of the largest professional services organizations in the world, with a workforce of more than 286,000 people in more than 150 countries. It is one of the Pakistan’s leading professional services firm, provides audit, tax, risk advisor, financial advisory and consulting to a wide range of local and multinational clients.
The firm was established in 1972 and it has become one of the leading professional services firms in Pakistan. The firm is providing services to over 500 clients including both multinational and local companies. The firm has significant presence across manufacturing, services, commercial, financial and public sector entities in the country. The firm has a workforce of more than 750 people in 4 offices across the country. Our staff includes more than 250 qualified accountants, MBAs, IT experts and other technically qualified persons.
Deloitte Yousuf Adil, Chartered Accountants brings together clients, offers innovative solutions, and endeavors to exceed client expectations. The firm adopts a customized, responsive and personal approach towards client service and offers a complete range of services across various industries.
COP – Chief of Party
The COP will be based in Karachi Sindh to ensure sufficient opportunities to work effectively with the government, donors, and pertinent implementing partners to achieve the expected results. The COP (Chief of Party), will be responsible for overall project management and impact and for external representation and coordination with donors, project partners and stakeholders. The COP will be responsible for project activity oversight to ensure quality work and compliance with contractual obligations and results, and will, where appropriate, provide technical advice and information on best practices to partners.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- At least 15 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity is required (at least 10 of these years must be in a management/leadership position).
- At least 10 years of experience in the education sector, preferably in Pakistan, with experience in project designs, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and / or national-level quality improvement.
- Twelve years of experience in the successful implementation of capacity building and/or M&E programs in the development sector.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in management and administration of large-scale international donor technical assistance projects requiring skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting of large-scale projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience managing donor-supported education development projects.
- A Master Degree in Public Policy management or education and/or relevant fields. Experience managing and completing complex energy studies and analysis on various energy issues
- Experience serving as a liaison to government officials, donor organizations, and private sector companies
- Proven leadership ability, strategic vision, and experience managing large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract.
- Familiarity with Sindh’s development sector and challenges.
- Previous working on similar assignment will be an added advantage.
- Ability to participate in all representation and technical meetings in English.
Please email a CV, letter of interest, and details of three professional references with names and contact information to email@example.com no later than October 15, 2018. Please write “SCDP: COP” in the subject line. All interviews will be held in Karachi.
Deloitte Yousuf Adil, Chartered Accountants is an equal opportunity employer.