Intern Communications and Content Development
Save the Children
End Date: 09 Oct, 2018
Salary :15000 None
Start Date :04 Oct, 2018
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or a relevant area of study.
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Essential: Prioir experience in communications and content development
Desireable: Experienceof working with international donors will be preferred.
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Intern Communications and Content Development will assist planning and implementing the organization’s internal and external communications. The position holder will report to the Sr. Coordinator Communciations, Reporting and Proposal Development and provide support to program teams and ensure quality reporting to donors/stakeholders.
The position holder will be responsible for the development of quality communications products, including case studies, photo stories, blogs, reports, social media posts and proposals. S/he will ensure Save the Children’s visibility through print and publication material and developing visibility materials. S/he will facilitate the process of designing and implementation of advocacy and campaign initiatives. S/he will ensure compliance to Save the Children communication policy.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Strategic Planning of Communications
- Development and rolling out of communications acoss all channels for the organization
- Brainstorming and developing creative tools for effective communications
- Assisting the Sr. Coordinator in Development and monitoring of communications strategy and plans for projects and field offices.
- Conducting the day-to-day internal and external communications and profiling initiatives of the organization.
- Ensuring the publication and promotion of organizational materials
- Facilitate initiatives on advocacy and campaigning on child rights
Reporting & Documentation
- Creating, reviewing, editing and finalizing project proposals and reports in coordination with the Program Sector Specialists.
- Working on the timely and accurate submission of high quality donor reports.
- Produce other information materials, such as fact sheets and program briefs, where necessary
- Assist in developing and writing up concept notes, project ideas and donor proposals and ensure their quality and timely submission.
- Preparing and sharing information packs about program in Pakistan
- Compile and finalize Country Annual Report/Country Annual Plan in accordance to the Country Strategic Plan
- Development and dissemination of case studies, success stories, brochures, documentaries etc. about various programs and sharing it widely with beneficiaries, donors, global offices, media as per requirement
- Coordinate with all relevant staff to gather their inputs in a timely fashion.
- Acquire and disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (proposals and reports) and other donor related information.
- Ensure new proposals are in-line with the respective funding agencies’
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience and in accordance with the supervisor’s discression.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.