Intern Communications and Design
Save the Children
End Date: 09 Oct, 2018
Salary :15000 None
Start Date :04 Oct, 2018
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or a relevant area of study.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Essential: Working knowledge of Adobe photoshop / Illustrator and basic video editing skills.
Desireable: Experience of working with international donors will be preferred.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Strategic Planning of Communications
- Development and rolling out of communications acoss all channels for the organization
- Brainstorming and developing creative tools for effective communications
- Assisting the Sr. Coordinator in Development and monitoring of communications strategy and plans for projects and field offices.
- Conducting the day-to-day internal and external communications and profiling initiatives of the organization.
- Ensuring the publication and promotion of organizational materials
- Facilitate initiatives on advocacy and campaigning on child rights
Technical Support to SC and Partner Organizations:
- Provide technical support to field staff, program teams and implementing partners for ensuring the branding compliance as per organization/donor guidelines
- Provide technical support to field staff, program teams and implementing partners in developing high quality IEC material, profiling of their programmatic achievements
- Dissemination of Communication SOPs
- Facilitating the programs in designing and implementing media campaigns
- Coordinate with all relevant staff to gather their inputs in a timely fashion.
- Acquire and disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (proposals and reports) and other donor related information.
- Ensure new proposals are in-line with the respective funding agencies’
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience and in accordance with the supervisor’s discression.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.