5 October, 2018
We are a network INGO working for the rights and wellbeing of older people in over 75 countries. We are one of the lead organisations in Pakistan which promotes inclusive humanitarian response and Disaster Risk Reduction activities. Since the earthquake emergency of 2005, We have been actively responding to all major emergencies in Pakistan (floods in 2010, 2012, 2014 and IDP crises in KP since 2012) by implementing inclusive multi-sectoral humanitarian responses. Since 2012,we have been responding to IDP crises by implementing life-saving interventions in Noweshera, Peshawar, Kohat and Banu.
Ensure quality implementation of organization’s Psychosocial counselling part of the Project and ensure liaison with communities, all cluster, and Gov’t line departments and humanitarian organization. Work as focal person in district for organization.
- Conduct geriatric assessment in the communities and register the older people & PWDS
- Maintain a data base of beneficiaries and individual records
- Design, and implement a community based geriatric counselling interventions through support group sessions for older people and their families
- Work closely with the existing Psychologist of other organization, arrange training for them and ensure their feedback for inclusion of older people and PWDs in their counselling session.
- Make database of the psychologist and get their proper feedback bi-weekly and ensure collection of case studies
- Liaison with psychologist of other organization and meeting with them and provide them input and technical oversight and guidance for inclusion of older people and PWDs.
- Conduct support group every fortnightly in the community
- Follow-up with registered beneficiaries and support them to develop and comply to the emotional health and healthy living plan
- Contribute towards establishing appropriate methodologies and approaches for Geriatric counselling and emotional support for conflict affected families and individuals
- Identify and establish internal and external referral services for emotionally instable clients.
- Regular and monthly progress reports on the geriatric clients and a continuous monitoring of the interventions with recommendations including the feasibility of continuation of the service beyond the end of the current project period.
- Fluency in local languages
- Degree/advanced training in psychology/counselling.
- At least 2 – 3 years practical experience in community projects.
- Training and clinical supervision experience
- Experience supporting community based care programmes
- Willingness and ability to work in the field, sometimes insecure and resource deficit areas which may involve arduous living, working and travelling conditions
- Experience in working with post-traumatic individuals/populations affected by disaster and/or conflict or acute stress.
- Experience of both Group work and individual counselling.
- Passion for working with people and especially sensitive to older people
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good report writing skills
- Team player
- Preferred experience of working with older people
- Preferred experience of working with NGOs at community levels
We are an equal opportunities employer. Older people and persons with disability(ies) are encourage to apply. only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.