29 October, 2018
British Council Pakistan Scottish Master Scholarship Scheme in Pakistan, 2018-2019
If you have completed your bachelor’s degree and are now looking to apply for a master’s program, this scholarship is for you. For the year 2018-2019 British Council is offering Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme for Female Pakistani students.
The aim of the scholarship is to promote higher education amongst Pakistani women the Scottish Government is providing scholarship opportunities for young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to study at master’s level in Pakistani universities. This scheme aims at supporting women in Pakistan achieve their potential and ambitions, and help empower through education.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. HEC and British Council aim to reach out to over 1 million students through our programmes directly and indirectly. 150,000 teachers in 200 plus universities of both public and private sector across Pakistan will be engaged in next three to five years programme of Pak-UK Gateway.
- Applications Deadline: August 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the following fields of Study:
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security & Agriculture
- Health Sciences
- STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
- Scholarship Award: Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme will facilitate award-holders with the following:
- Tuition fees for Master’s courses
- University hostel costs
- Subsistence to the award holder
- Travel to and from home to university 2 times/twice a year for students staying in on-campus hostels
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for all female Pakistani citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Pakistani universities
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for all female Pakistani citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
All female Pakistani citizens who are currently residing in Pakistan are eligible for application. In addition, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Applicant must be undertaking a one or two-year programme in any one of the following fields:
- Sustainable energy
- Food security and agriculture
- Health sciences
- STEM engineering
- Applicant should hold a confirmed offer from an HEC recognised university in Pakistan
- Only female applicants are eligible to apply
- Only applicants undertaking a one or two-year master’s programme are eligible to apply
English Language Requirements: The IELTS and GRE are not required for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applying Online:The online application form can be filled and submitted on the official British Council website, at the link: https://www.research.net/r/MWNJ83W
Applying via Courier: Application forms can also be downloaded from the Downloads section below. Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office.
A complete application will include:
- A duly filled out application form
- Scanned copy of CNIC
- Scanned copy of transcripts
- Proof of admission and/or enrolment at master’s level
- Tuition fee form