29 October, 2018
Full and Partial Pakistan HEC-QMUL PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Students in UK, 2018
Applications are invited for Pakistan HEC-QMUL PhD Scholarships for Pakistani students. Full tuition fees and partial-stipend (£10,200/yr) are available.
The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: Multiple calls for HEC.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarships will be available for PhD study in the following academic schools at QMUL:
- School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Business and Management
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Geography
- School of Languages Linguistics and Film
- School of Law (Law and/or Centre for Commercial Law Studies)
- Scholarship Award: The jointly funded scholarships will cover the tuition fees and provide a stipend of £10,200 (£850/month) to contribute towards the scholar’s living costs. Queen Mary waives the fees and HEC pay the stipend.
Please note that this stipend will not cover the scholar’s living costs in full and does not meet the level of financial support necessary to secure a UK visa. The scholar will therefore need to secure additional funding in order to be able to take up their studies at Queen Mary.
- Nationality: Available to Pakistani nationals.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 36 per year scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to Pakistani students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education (i.e. MS / ME/ MPhil)
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
- ?Maximum age:
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations
- 35 years for all others
- The candidates will have to obtain 50 or above marks in the HEC aptitude/scholarship test.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
- ?The candidate must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
- You should first apply to the HEC Pakistan.
Their schemes have several calls for applications throughout the year, so please check their website for the details of the dates and subject criteria for each call. We are happy to support candidates with their research proposals and interested applicants should contact the relevant school. Full details of these criteria and the application process are available on the HEC website
- If you are shortlisted by HEC, you should then apply to QMUL online for admission onto a PhD programme. Full details of how to apply are available online. Candidates are advised to contact potential supervisors via email before submitting an online application. This will enhance your chances of selection.
- If the proposed supervisor is interested in your proposal and you meet the eligibility requirements for the programme, you will then beinterviewed via Skype or phone.
- Following the interview, if the supervisor wishes to take the candidate on they will ask the department to make an offer. In some circumstances there will not be capacity to make offer to all those approved by a supervisor.
- If you are made an offer, admissions will send you an email. You should then give this to HEC who will generate a Provisional Award Letter.
- Send this official pdf letter from HEC to research-admissions-at-qmul.ac.uk as proof of funding and they will remove the funding condition from your offer.If you meet all other conditions (e.g. English language), then you will be made an unconditional offer.
- Then you can apply for your CAS and start the visa process.