29 October, 2018
LAW GRADUATES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR BALUCHISTAN FOR STUDY ABROAD
Concept of the project is based on the provision of higher education opportunities to 100 Law students from Baluchistan enrolling them in national and international higher learning educational institutions by supporting them by paying their tuition fee and other living expenses.
Scholarship will provide opportunity to the law community to have access to higher education and hence will improve their economic condition on a microeconomic level, resulting in positive effects on macroeconomic development of Baluchistan.
Proposed scholarships will enhance participation of students from Baluchistan in higher education and hence strengthen the region’s law and justice condition.
Lawyers’ community is the integral part of the judicial system and in that respect, they had an important responsibility to provide legal services to the common people in attainment of justice. Provision of proposed indigenous and foreign scholarships to the talented youth of Baluchistan will fill the gap of lawyers in Baluchistan and will help in provision of justice to the community and strengthening of overall judicial system in the province.
- To fill the gap of lawyers in Baluchistan and strengthening of overall judicial system in the province.
- To provide opportunity to the talented students with less privilege background.
- To train the people of Baluchistan in the field of Law & Justice to contribute in social uplift by practicing Law & Justice in the region.
- To uplift those students who are at disadvantage being incapable of meeting cost of education at leading education institutions.
- Applicant must meet HEC and University eligibility criteria in place for admission in LLB/ LLM & PhD programs.
- Applicant must possess the Domicile of Balochistan Province.
- Applicant must have secured at least 50% marks during entire academic career.
- No 3rd division in any Degree/Certificate is allowed.
- Applicant must secure minimum 50% Marks (Accumulative Test Score) in Aptitude Test.
- Maximum age as on closing date of receipt of applications:
- For LLB (5Years): Up to 25 years
- For LLM: Up to 30 years
- For PhD: Up to 35 years
- Applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date i.e. 21st November 2018.
- Any candidate who is already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship is not eligible to apply.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of Merit.
- Candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of Test and Academic credential scores.
- 15-20% scholarships will be reserved for the children of victims’ families (died/severely injured) of blast of 8th August, 2016 at Quetta, if they fulfill the criteria.
- In case of non-availability of students from victim families, scholarships will be distributed on merit to other candidates.
- Scholarship will only be awarded to the students studying/ seek admission in HEC recognized Public Sector Universities / institutes or W-category Private Universities.
- Foreign Scholars have to provide placement letter in top 200 universities (in QS Ranking).
- Candidates who have passed their Intermediate and BA/B.Sc level from institutions located inside Balochistan will preferably be considered.
- Merit list of scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/omission, the offer stands cancelled.
- In case of misrepresentation, HEC reserves the right to reject the applicant at any stage.
- Only those candidates, who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered for further shortlisting.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants required to submit only online application through http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/LGSP
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered.
- Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Applicants have to Deposit /Online Transfer /Bank Draft/Pay Order/ATM Transfer Rs.500/-(Non-refundable), as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited at Habib Bank limited, in A/C No. 1742-79001334-01.
- The original Bank payment record/slip should be kept safe, because at later stage it will be required by HEC.
The maximum scholarship amount per scholar for total duration of Scholarship (Including Tuition Fee, Maintenance, Traveling and Book Allowance)
|S.No.||Items||Unit Cost (Rs. Million)|
|i||Indigenous LLB (5Years)||2.090|
|i||Foreign LLM Scholarships||6.679|
|ii||Foreign Ph.D. in Law||10.133|
The maximum amount of HEC funding against Tuition Fees?
Actual tuition fee will be paid direct to the universities where the students will be enrolled.
|S.No.||Items||Unit Cost (Tuition fee)|
|i||Indigenous LLB (5Years)||Rs. 1,80,000 p.a|
|ii||Indigenous LLM||Rs. 1,80,000 p.a|
|i||Foreign LLM Scholarships||$ 15000 p.a|
|ii||Foreign Ph.D. in Law||$ 15000 p.a|
Contact HEC for further information:
For any query feel free to contact HEC Call Center UAN: 051-111-119-432
Dilawer Abbas Khan Sumbal
Program Development Officer
Law Scholarship Program for Balochistan.
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan